Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bloom Girl Canvas

Hi there,

Recently I signed up for Jamie Severtson Dougherty's Bloom Girl Workshop, which has been brilliant and taught me so many new techniques and how to draw faces, although I have a long way to go I am extremely pleased with how they are turning out so far.  I highly recommend it, you can see the details below,


So I started with a 12 x 12 canvas which I primed with Gesso.  I then applied different colours of Acrylic Paint with an old credit card.  I used the Kaiser flower template and silver paint around the edges of the canvas.  I then used a Dylusions mask and randomly painted it with black gesso over the canvas.  I have used silver leaf around the edges.  I traced my Bloom Girl and Painted her with dark brown Pan Pastels.  Her hair is painted with black gesso.  I have used a Prima Mask Randomly over the canvas is both white and black gesso.  I have drawn on flowers with a white gel pen.  Lastly I have finished the canvas off by adding Prima and Green Tara flowers to the corners of the canvas and one in her hair.


The above picture is a couple of Bloom Girls I have sketched after watching the tutorials.

Thanks for stopping by,

Tania xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it!