Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Off the Rails January Altered Photo Frame Tutorial

Hi there!

As I mentioned last week in my DT reveal post this is the short tutorial on how I altered my picture frame to suit the Mood Board.
"Summer At The Beach"



I started off with a wooden frame.


I first added Gesso using a large sponge so I was able to get some texture.


Next up I used some Ken Oliver Color Bursts to add my colour to the frame, these are great and so much fun to play with.


Once I had sprinkled the colours where I wanted it was time for the fun part.  With a water spray bottle I just spritzed over the colours and watched the magic happen and the colours come to life.... 




Once dry I then embellished my frame in similar tones that I have used on the frame.




Lastly I mounted my photo and added a title.




Well that's all from me today.   Come and join us at Off the Rails and enter this months challenge, with the gorgeous mood board to inspire you all.  Good luck everyone, I can't wait to see all of your fabulous entries.

Until next time, thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting.

1 comment :

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it!